Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pat's Run

Race No. 2!!!! We ran in Pat's Run last Saturday. They had a record number of runners this year...over 20,000. It was nuts but a really cool experience. I have a very tender soft spot in my heart for the soldiers that fight for our country and Pat Tillman was someone that I always admired. All the proceeds from the race go to the Pat Tillman Foundation. The coolest part was waiting in our corral at the starting line and listening to the national anthem with 20,000 other Americans around you and then hearing everyone cheer for our country. It gave me goosebumps! They also had a moment of silence for Bruce Snyder who passed away last week. I haven't ever run with that many people around me before but it actually kind of helps because they keep you moving and you are constantly trying to get around people in front of you so your mind is distracted away from the exhaustion. We definately didn't set any records with this one but we are still training and building up endurance. This was such a cool experience and something I would like to participate in every year....maybe Josh will join in next year and we can start a new family tradition :) Our pics aren't up from the run yet so I will have to post those later. Below is my bib :)

No comments: