Saturday, March 21, 2009

29:23

We did it! My friend Amanda and I ran a 5k race this morning with our stake. I know it's nothing major but we didn't really train for it just kind of decided to do it last minute and did it. I am really proud of us! I came in 4th and she was 5th over all the women running. It is 3.1 miles and I ran in it 29 minutes and 23 seconds. We want to run more and hopefully improve our times. We turned the last corner and kind of sped up and started to pass a dad, mom and daughter and the dad said "we aren't gonna let these two beat us, let's sprint it out". So Amanda and I kicked it and beat the mom and daughter but not the dad. I wouldn't say that we had a blast...it's hard work and I had forgotten how grueling running distance can be, but I love the feeling of accomplishing something like that. Afterwards you just feel so amazing!

My pin on number tag :)