Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bread Anyone?

So on Sunday Josh wanted some bread and since we didn't have any and we couldn't go to the store he asked me to make some. We had seen my mom the day before and she was talking about baking bread so that is where Josh got the idea. So I decided to try and make some of my mom's Golden Egg Bread. I have helped her make plenty of times before but have never tried it on my own so I was a little unsure of how it would turn out. I don't usually have good luck with the yeast and rising and everything but it turned out really good....if I do say so myself. I was pretty excited! The best part is I didn't have to spend any money. I had everything I needed to make it in my cupboards. Josh said this is what I am doing every Sunday from now on :) He ate half of one of the loaves the first night. There is nothing like bread fresh out of the oven with melted butter on it. You can't re-heat it and have it taste the same. I realized how spoiled I was was growing up having fresh bread all of the time. I'm grateful for those memories! Here's a pic;)

2 comments:

MTMcGee said...

Fresh bread is soooo good, but I have to have homeade strawberry jam with it!! Hope you guys are doing well!!

Brett & Crystal said...

You are good chica! I'm not letting Brett read that post ;) You'll have to send me your recipe. Love ya lots!