Thursday, May 14, 2009

Running Around

I had another 5K race on Saturday and I took over 3 minutes off my last race time. We have been training for almost 2 months now and I ran it in 26:26. I was pretty excited. We still have a lot of training to do before our half marathon but we finally decided on an October race so we have plenty of time. We are running about 16 miles a week now and with training that number increases every week. I'm not sure why I like to report this because I'm sure it's not really interesting for anyone to read but it is the one thing in my life right now I feel I can do somewhat right :) It's a great way to do some thinking...and you are exercising too.

It's been an interesting few months to say the least. Lots of stress and running around (literally...haha) and trying to get everything done and please everyone. It's really easy to get discouraged for me lately. I think I have been strong for so long I'm just worn out. It's not always easy to understand what we are supposed to be learning in life or why our lives take such unexpected turns. Though I don't understand I know there are reasons. I know we have help beyond this world and I am so grateful for all those there as well as here that help me along. I love my family and the support they are to me. I love my husband so much and don't know what I would do without him (sorry to get mushy). He really is my best friend and when I don't think I can go on he is there leading me along. I feel so blessed to have him in my life! I have always known this but now more than ever I am reminded that it's the things in life that money can't buy that make you the happiest :)

1 comment:

Jared ~n~ Tasha said...

Awww...my little sister~ You know that we are all right there by your side! I wish I was closer, but like you said, things happen! One day we will know all the reasons! Just remember, it all makes you TOUGH!