Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Half Marathon

So today is the first day in two weeks I haven't worked an extra long day...yay! So I thought I would finally post this. I ran my first half marathon on September 19th in Prescott Valley. It was a little tougher than I thought. The course description failed to mention that half the race was on a trail up the side of a mountain but hey what do you do? I beat the goal I had for myself so I was pretty happy. Mile 11-12 was the roughest but after I knew I only had one mile left it was great. It was good to finally run the race and accomplish this goal. My friend Amanda and I are running a second one on October 24th so hopefully with the lower elevation and no mountains (hopefully), we can beat our last times :)

We went up to Prescott Friday night and spent the night in a hotel and our husbands went to the race Saturday morning and cheered us on. I was glad they came. They drove the race course ahead of us and would wait for us to get to them and then drive ahead again. I sure do love my husband and appreciate all his support!

Here's some pics:
















No comments: