Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Second Half

...marathon. Last Saturday I ran my second half marathon. I thought I was doing really great and running a lot faster but I only took about a minute and a half off my last race. That was a little frustrating but the last two miles were uphill and just finishing the race is always an accomplishment for me!

So this race I started to get a little tired and needed some motivation to keep me going. I have had my nephew Nate on my mind a lot lately...I think it's the time of year. I really miss him. So when he popped into my head I just thought about how if he were here, he would call me a wuss if I quit running. I remember when how right after the accident I just really wanted to live. It really hit me that life is so short and I remember wanting to do everything I could because he and so many others do not get to because their lives are cut so short. I just kept chugging along and using "Gator" as my encantation and before I realized it I was farther than I thought :) Love that blue-eyed boy with amazingly long lashes ;)

I'm so so grateful for the gospel in my life and that I know where my family is and that I can see them again if I make the right decisions here. I'm not sure I could take it if I didn't have that knowledge.

Here's some pics:










I guess pictures of me running aren't that exciting...

4 comments:

Jared ~n~ Tasha said...

Well, I was already crying, so what is another tear??? Love ya!

MTMcGee said...

Great job on your race! I think about him often too. I can't believe it has been 4 years.

Shannon said...

You are amazing! I don't think I can run a half a mile!:)

Lindsie and Josh said...

yeah! hopefully im next. yeah for you!